I am a solo practitioner specializing in alternative and functional medicine, and counseling.
I believe the power of my approach comes from:
- Understanding the dynamic interconnectedness of people, symptoms, and the drive to be well
- Listening attentively, engaging collaboratively
- Being open to solutions arising from the patient’s experience and beyond.
I have many years of experience helping people discover their wellness – often out of places of disabling pain and illness. Many of my patients have seen many physicians and had troubling health patterns for years before coming to me.
My background includes:
- Graduate of Harvard Medical School
- 25 years as a faculty member in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- 20 years of a 12-step practice
- 17 years studying and practicing Chinese Medicine
- 15 years applying a 3-year course on Shamanic Healing
- 13 years studying and practicing Functional Medicine
- 3-year study of Somatic Experiencing
My evolution as physician has taught me that illness and pain are often underlain by trauma, often hidden or forgotten, which impedes access to authenticity and impairs the body’s healing processes. I find physical and emotional impairments improve by helping the body release unaddressed or forgotten trauma.
Please call us at (919) 945-0300 to schedule an appointment or learn more. You can also use our convenient contact form.
Be well, Michael Sharp, MD
The wound is the place where the Light enters you. –Rumi